Tuesday, May 12, 2009

DBA











When you talk to anyone that I have worked with and tell them "My sister is a DBA", they think that she is a dork that can fix their database or help them do some SQL scripts. I correct them and tell them that she is not a Database Administrator, but she is a Dr. and has her Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA). They still think she is a dork, but now she is no longer helpful to them.

Yes my sister got her doctorate and leap frogged her husband and siblings with their peon Master's degrees. I was once the crown jewel of the family when I was going to be a doctor, but that dream soon sailed when I realized that I don't like dealing with people and that is all medical doctors do. Amy is now the top dog and the rest of us are all second tier in the education realm.

The challenge has been made. Who is going to go for their doctorate next? Not me, and I hope no one soon. Graduations are boring. I don't know anyone that likes to be in or go to a graduation. As you see in the above pictures, neither I nor Curt found the graduation speaker very entertaining.

I am very proud of my sister that she was able to accomplish a very difficult and taxing degree. She deserves it.

Her students better watch out because you can't question a Dr.

Congrats Dr. Bourne

No comments:

Post a Comment