Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bye-Bye Curse . . . Hello Zoom-Zoom

If you have talked to Lisa or I in the past month or so or read the blog, you would know that the Mercedes was having a tiff with Lisa. Well since the Mercedes doesn't have a vote, and Lisa has 1.5 votes, we decided to get rid of it and get a new vehicle with a third row. A week or so ago we got a new Mazda CX-9 from Austin.



Why Austin? Because none of the dealers in Houston could get the vehicle we wanted, and we didn't want to wait for one to come in eventually. I learned a lot about how Dealerships work and which dealers are straight forward and which are sketchy. My only advice is to talk to multiple dealers and make sure you get them to clarify anything that is vague. Also we decided on the price with the sales manager before we even visited the dealership. The process of getting the car was by far the easiest when you don't have to haggle on the price. I felt bad for all the other patrons that were going back and forth with their salesman for a price.

Now that we have the car, I don't really miss the Mercedes, but there is an added benefit that I wasn't aware of. The Altima is officially mine. Before it wasn't clear whose car was whose and the maintenance of both vehicles suffered. Lisa always seemed to want to switch cars once hers was out of gas. Now the Mazda is Lisa's and the Altima is mine.

Amazingly, Lisa has let me drive her car a couple of times (but only when she is in the car too). It is pretty nice and I am glad that Lisa is happy with it. It is an SUV so it doesn't get the best mileage, but as Lisa put it best "Just had my first date with the Mazda. He took me to the gas station, he's not a cheap date! At least he didn't order the most expensive thing on the menu like that punk Mercedes"

No comments:

Post a Comment