Thursday, April 29, 2010

Upgrade

Just this week I made an upgrade to my parking situation at work. I made the move from the open lot on the other side of the freeway to the parking garage that is connected to my building (albeit after walking through two other buildings and another parking garage).

I didn't think it would be much of a difference, but I like it ridiculously more (it may just be the honeymoon phase). When I enter the garage and scan my card the system greets me by name. For comparisons sake, after navigating the giant pot holes and broken glass in my old lot, I would occasionally be greeted by a beggar looking for money for bus fair. I guess no one ever gave him any since he never leaves.

As fellow Houstonians know, it gets hot here, so my move to covered parking is just in time. No move cooking in the car after a long days work. I never did enjoy getting into the oven in pants and long sleeved shirts.

Honestly I should have changed lots earlier. I mean after someone hit my car with a brick I should have taken the hint that the local bums were UNC alums. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment