Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween 2011


Halloween just past and for someone that has given up candy, it is a difficult holiday. I gave up candy for Lent in 2010 and I have only had candy twice since then. Once for a church social that we had a competition that included m&m's and if you know me, you know my competitive side over takes me at times. So I had forgotten about my ban of candy until after the competition. The second slip was also in competition. At mile 22 of the Disney Marathon they were giving out herseys and I was starting to struggle and that sugar was just what I needed. I also gave up Soda but will drink a coke in the late stages of a race as it is considered magic fuel in marathons and Ironmans. I haven't done this but I wont rule it out if I feel I need it.




Yes that is a Guinness in Nolan's hands (unopened) He really impressed that first house and the dad gave him his "candy" from the Fridge.

We had a very nice Halloween this year. We had a super hero theme. Little Colin was Spider-man. Nolan was Wolverine, Lisa was the Flash (I think she mixed up what flash meant when she bent over to pick something up at one point) and I was also Spider-man.

I mean we both go by Colin why not both be Spider-man.


Colin really embraced Trick-or-Treating this year and we went with a group of friends. He was all about getting the candy. Since I am not a big fan of Sugar, we picked out a few of his favorites and I took the remainder of the Candy to work to share with co-workers. He did not like this idea. He was like "What are you doing with my Candy? Those are my chocolates!" So we had to put the bag back in his trick-or-treating bucket until after he went to bed. I also took out 5-6 pieces for Lisa.




I was forced to pull an empty wagon all night since the little ones jumped in the other wagon and the older kids decided they would get more candy if they walked.
What a cute Wolverine and lady bug/butterfly. Next year Nolan is going to be a Honey Badger.






No comments:

Post a Comment