Thursday, June 11, 2009

Howdy Y'all

Howdy visits the Caughrans . . . BC's cousin Howdy spent the week with us last week after baby Colin's birthday party. 6 months back, BC wanted to have a sleep over, but mom said "not until you're 1". Remembering that, BC asked to have a sleep over after his first birthday. Per his request, we asked Aunt Ashley if Howdy could sleep over at our house for a few days. Of course she said yes.

This may not seem like a big deal, but it was (not really). This was Howdy's first trip away from home on his own, and Lisa's first time to watch two kids at once. For those of you who do not know Howdy (who am I kidding no one reads this), he is a very sweet boy that is very loving and loves to play with BC. BC also loves to play with howdy. They had a great week playing and hanging out. Lisa took them to the pool, the zoo and the park.

Having Howdy over was a major strategical error on my part. I was not thinking of the consequences when I approved this sleep over. I quickly realized my mistake after the first day. Lisa had become baby crazy. I didn't realize that this was her two kid test run. . . I need to be more careful in the future.

Here are some pics from the pool when howdy was in town.

Baby Colin and Howdy at the splash pad.

Howdy on the blue slide. We had to promise that he wasn't going to ride on the blue slide again before he would agree to go to the pool.

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog bc it is entertaining and I like to keep up-to-date with my favorite 1 year old.

    Sleepovers are good, but watch out, ladies man BC will probably be asking for co-ed sleepovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can totally handle two kids!

    ReplyDelete