Monday, July 13, 2009

Surprise...


Well recently we have turned into a party house. This past weekend we hosted a surprise blowout that sported 80 years of life to be celebrated. Now this may sound like a bad idea to surprise an 80 year old, but this wasn't one person, but 2 people's surprise birthdays (30 and 50).

Lisa or Hank (Lisa's dad) had the idea to do a duel surprise birthday party for Stephanie (30) and Jackie (50). The premise was that it was supposed to be my birthday party, but then Jackie would think it was a surprise party for Stephanie and Stephanie would think it was a surprise party for Jackie. Now I have no idea how Hank and Lisa kept their stories straight. I for one took the stance that I don't plan anything and never know anything. What actually frightens me is that Hank and Lisa were able to pull it off. When Jackie rolled in she had no idea until she saw a sign that said "50" and was even upset that a friend of hers was coming to Houston "to visit friends" and wasn't coming to see her. She never suspected that her friend was coming to see her.

I think the party was a great success and has solidified our house as the resident party house for Lisa's side of the family.

Although everything went smoothly, I find the whole thing quite troubling. Lisa and Hank have honed their skills at trickery and I am fearful that this will not be the last surprise party in the next few years. My 30th is coming up in 2011 and I better keep my head on a swivel. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment