Thursday, August 6, 2009

Vacation.


Well we just got back from our vacation we go on every 2 years with Colin's family and we are just now getting back to normal. We went to Disneyland (Anaheim, CA)and on a 4 day Carnival cruise to Catalina Island, CA and Ensenada, Mexico. We flew into LAX and went to Disney before going on the cruise and visited Disney again before returning home. BC absolutely loved Disney. His favorite ride was "It's a small world". We tried to make a video of him dancing on the boat but it was too dark. We had dinner one night with the characters and he really enjoyed it. It is such a great feeling to watch your kids have that much fun. The second day at Disney was more about how many rides we could ride before the lines got long. So BC kept his Nanny Susie and Papa Pat busy while we ran from ride to ride before it got busy. We rode several and the last one I rode was "Space Mountain". I always remember this being one of my favorites as a kid but this time I barely made it off the ride with out loosing my breakfast. I guess that just about sums up the Disney portion of our trip, now on with the cruise.... We had quite a ride to the cruise ship terminal. Our shuttle driver, of a company I won't name, was quiet the aggressive driver if I might so say myself. But who am I to complain, he did give BC a disgustingly dirty princess bouncy ball which I wouldn't let him touch. Anyways... We got on the ship and went to our room and took a nap. Did I mention that the whole trip we napped with BC. What, it was a VACATION right? I wanted to try and tough it out this cruise so I decided not to use the motion sickness patch (Also since it made me temporarily blind last time and I forgot to get a patch). I did alright I tried to sleep or stay drunk for most of the cruise while I was on board. Which led to a few later embarrassing moments of Fun ship karaoke. Colin managed to lose at the last hand of poker when he decided to go "all in" and BC was happy just to be chased down the hall. He has really started to walk well and he can stand up from the middle of the room unassisted. We had to switch off who was going to stay out late since BC had to go to bed fairly early until the last night we discovered that our 13 year old niece, Ivy, could babysit for a nominal fee (and she did a great job). I just got the rest of my pictures downloaded so I will share several of them in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment