Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Little Swimmer

This week is Colin's second big week in the last two. Last week was his first day at mother's day out. As you saw in the pictures he cried a little bit when we dropped him off, but before I get into this week, I have a theory as to why he was crying.

It was a Thursday and I (the dad) was home and riding with him in the car to take him somewhere. Now from his perspective, every time dad stayed home and went with him somewhere, something bad happens to him. First trip to the Doctor, Shots, Surgery, Bladder tests. Needless to say, he was very whinny and easily crying before we even got to the car or to the church. Once we got to Mothers day out and he realized the teachers were not nurses and no one had any needles he quickly enjoyed himself. His teachers reported that he had lots of fun and he was good on his second day.

Now for the big week. As you guessed from the title, BC is making a second attempt at swimming lessons (the first week was canceled because lightning caused too many missed classes). Now I thought I had heard BC yell and scream before, but I was kidding myself. I went to his second lesson last night and that boy has some lungs. He seems to be progressing (not that I really have any idea what progress in survival swimming looks like). The teacher also said that he is stubborn and doesn't want to do things her way. She is going to break him of that, but I think it is going to be a running theme in his childhood that Lisa and I are going to be working on defeating his stubbornness.

Also another random update: I think BC curses. He gets very frustrated at times and says gibberish in a angry manner. I think it is baby cursing.

Lisa will post a brief video of a swimming lesson in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment