Friday, May 7, 2010

Anniversary (5th Edition)

Today is Lisa and my 5th Anniversary. We tied the knot on this day way back in 2005. That was before Baby Colin and New Colin and before we moved back to Texas. We were a little young to get married (based on today's standards) but it was well worth it and I don't think we would change a thing.

A lot has happened in the past 5 years. Some good and some bad, but if we hadn't gotten married we wouldn't have our little boy or our second little one on the way.

Unfortunately for Lisa, I checked online to see what the traditional gift is for the 5th anniversary. And to her dismay, it isn't gold or silver, or diamonds or platinum. It is wood. I guess I need to get my whittling knife out to make her something.

Since I am no dummy (although some may beg to differ) I wont get her just a whittled piece of wood. I did get a card this year and the clerk asked me after I bought the card "You think you are going to get lucky?" Of course I didn't say anything witty back to him but just laughed.

***UPDATE***

I just wanted to add details on the gift (couldn't chance Lisa seeing this before). So i got Lisa 5 gifts for her 5th Anniversary. 1. A Card. 2. A Prenatal Massage at Kingwood. 3. Flowers 4. A freshwater Pearl Necklace 5. Since it is a wood anniversary, I am going to move the wood pile out of sight (which she has been asking me to do for weeks now). (of course I haven't done it yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment