Friday, May 21, 2010

Going to Panama

Pictures will follow of our trip to Panama after we get back (haven't even left yet).

Background:

A few weeks back I got am email from my mom about picking up their guns from the airport one day. Random I know. They are going to Argentina to hunt and got permits etc to take their guns to hunt there. My step-dad is left handed, so he likes his left handed guns. Well they were going to Panama right after the trip and only had a 3 hour layover in Houston and I was the only one close enough to come get the guns. Apparently you can't just take your guns to any country you want. I had assumed a US passport meant that you could. Much to my surprise they couldn't and so they needed me to get the guns for them.

Since they were going to Argentina they were allowed to take the guns but clearly had to jump through some hoops. Now to be clear the guns are in locked cases and checked.

So then a few weeks later I get an email about going to Panama with them for the weekend. Since I don't really pay attention to dates I had no idea when the trip was or put 2 and 2 together to realize this was the second part of the trip. Either way Lisa and I thought it was an awesome idea so we are going to Panama.

Of course I have to meet them at the airport to get their guns before we can catch the flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment