Thursday, October 1, 2009

Reality TV . . . Dangerous?

Is Reality TV dangerous to the Caughran family? It depends on who you ask and what show you are referring to. Recently I have noticed an unsettling trend with Lisa, BC, and me. We are emulating what we see on reality TV. All three of us are victims to it.

A couple of days ago, Lisa and I watched "The Biggest Loser" (one of our favorite shows). And after watching the show, I had to work out. There is something about sitting for 2 hours watching people work out and lose weight that makes you feel bad if you don't work out as well.

Now I usually try to work out daily, so I wasn't concerned with this. But last night another show influenced our behavior. Lisa and I watched "Hoaders". It is a show about people that hoard things and shows them trying to clean up after the state gets involved or a threat of eviction. Immediately after watching the show, Lisa and I looked around the TV room with BC's toys everywhere and we had to clean up.

So for the two past days we have been influenced by TV. I'll admit we took the good parts from the show, but I am worried if this trend continues we might run into trouble emulating Survivor, the bachelor, or any VH1 show.

***Update*** Last night I was surfing through the channels and saw "18 and Counting" on the Duggars and their 18+ kids. Needless to say I did not stay on that channel. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment