Friday, December 11, 2009

Movember is over!

I apologize for the lateness of my update to Movember (11 days after it ended), but I have been waiting for the final tally on the donations and rankings. Movember is officially over and our team in Houston, the Stimulated Bastardos, has finished in first place in the USA with over $81,000 raised. What is amazing for men's health is that we were second place in our company with our Sydney office winning for Australia (note: Movember started in Australia back in the day and Macquarie is an Australian company.) Per capita, our Houston office whooped the Aussies.

Personally I raised $255. I appreciate everyone that contributed to my molestache. One added benefit of your donation is that Macquarie matches dollar for dollar, so for final tally, I raised $510 dollars. It is pretty cool that everyone's money went twice as far. I did not know that this would be the case or I would have advertised it.

I have a confession to make. I did not keep the stache until 11/30. I shaved the hideous beast off my face before thanksgiving. I couldn't chance having family memories and photos scarred by the monstrosity on my face. Plus there are too many youngins that I would see during that time period that may trust me and associate my molestache with safety and I want then to continue to associate it with danger.

Here was the latest pic before I shaved.

No comments:

Post a Comment