Monday, December 21, 2009

Santa is not a Runner

This past weekend was our Christmas weekend with my Dad and my Grandmother in Dallas. Although Christmas is an expensive time of year, this one was more expensive than planned and I don't think Santa likes my running.

To start we had our Company Holiday party on Friday night. It was a good time, but the hotel coat check lost my jacket...

The next morning, Lisa, the boy and I drove up to Dallas to see the family, have lunch at El Fenix and exchange gifts. It was a great day and we had a great time seeing everyone. The boy enjoyed playing with his cousins. I think Emily's goal was to get BC to giggle continuously the whole time.

During the day, Amy and I decided to go for a run the next morning and I found a nice trail on Google maps. The next morning we drove to a local park to run the White Rock Creek trail. We made sure we didn't have any valuables showing and that the car was properly locked. The trail was very nice (although it was concrete) and we ran for about 8.6 miles.

We got back to the car and I noticed auto glass on the ground and commented to Amy that it probably wasn't a safe place to park (The glass was not from my car). We got back to the hotel and I couldn't find my room key. I thought I was losing it, but we did run real early, so who knows. Later after showering I realized I didn't have my wallet. I searched the car and didn't find it. Then I called my credit card company to see if it had been used. It had, so I started canceling everything. I guess I had dropped it to or from the car or after the run. I thought I was losing my mind since I lost my wallet and room key. Then I noticed something strange on the passenger side of the car (had not looked at it previously) there was a foot print and a dent and after further investigation I found that someone had pried the door open with a crowbar at the top of the window and stolen my wallet. I was more relieved that I wasn't clumsy or forgetful. I only lost 50-100 bucks and the credit card companies will cover any charges. It is more a hassle than anything else. I will have to drop some dough to get the car fixed. The thing is, I think they were not professional criminals, but people hard on their luck since they only bought Whataburger and Gas before my cards were canceled.

In Summary, Santa is not a fan of running. I lost my jacket that I run in, my car god effed up while I was running and now need new credit cards. Also the elves did not steal my running shoes because Santa knows that running shoes are bad for you and wanted me to run in running shoes. My theory is that BC can sense that Santa is against running (see early post of his picture with Santa).

No comments:

Post a Comment