Monday, February 22, 2010

Mercedes Seeks Revenge and a Fright

It was pointed out to me that my last blog was bad karma for me and the Mercedes. After leaving the Mercedes at a friends house, it was dead. There was absolutely no juice in the battery. This is a major problem for this particular vehicle because it brings to light a major design flaw. The battery is in the trunk and the trunk needs power to open. Thus when your car is dead and you need a jump you cant access the battery. Newer versions have a location under the hood to jump, but this one does not. We thought about jumping off the starter or alternator, but neither Josh (friend that had a large paper weight in his driveway) nor I felt comfortable attempting this.

We eventually found that under the passenger floor mat is a place to jump the vehicle (under the carpet behind a metal plate). Note we found this after 3 hours of futile attempts to get is started and trips to Autozone. You could view this as the Mercedes causing problems for more than Lisa, but she did orchestrate me leaving it at Josh's house so I could ride with him because she said the Mercedes was acting up. So it was reacting to her actions. I took it to Autozone and the battery, starter and alternator were fine. Lisa and the Benz need to make amends.

The fright:

After Church on Sunday (not that you couldn't have guessed the day), we stayed after with friends again to let the little ones play on the 2 story playground. BC loved it. Lisa took him to the top and rode down the slide with him. The slide is pretty fast and way to dangerous for him to ride alone. He wanted to ride again and so I took him. As we spun down the spiral slide, I didn't want to slow down (where is the fun in that?) but I didn't want to let the boy's head slam into the wall, so I stuck my elbow out to steady us. When I got out I found that I had rubbed my elbow raw. Oh well. We all got ready to leave and I noticed something. I didn't have my knife. . .

So there are few places that I can think of that are worse than a kid's playground to lose a knife. I mean it has no safety and it is spring loaded. I could just picture a kid finding it and who knows what would happen. Luckily my name isn't on it. The search began. I climbed up and down the jungle gym and climbed the slide trying to find my knife. I went up and down the path I took trying to see if it was caught somewhere. I looked underneath the play area. All to no avail. I gave up and decided to check at home and if I didn't find it to call the church to warn them. It was on my dresser at home. All that panic for nothing. Lisa thinks the Mercedes had something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment