Thursday, February 26, 2009

Da Boot


I learned something about the parking lot that I park in for work. It may be cheap ($3.50/day) but the attendants are very disciplined and follow to the letter their sign of rules. I didn't realize that when the sign says that you have to pay an extra $5 to stay in the lot after six (even though most of the downtown streets are free after six) that they will put a boot on your car at six. So two days ago I had to work late on our group's sale to Macquarie and I didn't get to go to my car until 7 to pay to stay late. I found that they had booted the Altima (Lisa's car). It crossed my mind to take the bus home and tell Lisa that she needed to figure out how to get her car back, but I thought better of it. I had to pay $113 as a "boot removal fee" to get the boot removed. So now my plan to park in the cheap lot, which saves me $50/month over the parking garage now turns out to be much more expensive.

So to sum it up, I had to pay an extra Benjamin to work late. I must not understand the concept of making money. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment