Friday, February 13, 2009

No unemployment line for me (for now)


I don't think anyone reads this, but I have a new update that isn't about the boy or about me farting on the dogs.

Last weekend (Superbowl Weekend) I worked through the Superbowl and all night Monday night to help our downstream gas trading group get sold to Macquarie Group. The PSA was signed on the 6th (news)

So after we were sold then it was time to find out if we had jobs or if we were done. Well I got my offer from Macquarie today so I wont be going to the unemployment line anytime soon. It has been a stressful few months since Hurricane Ike and our group going up for sale, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train.

I have been hired twice now by American companies only to be acquired by foreign companies within my first year. Luckily both of the foreign companies were from English speaking countries (Canada, Australia).

Well hope all my followers (me) enjoy the post.

-Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment