Monday, November 9, 2009

Is that Chocolate?

Another weekend has gone by and it was once again eventful. This past weekend was the Growing Kids God's Way conference. Lisa and I have been raising BC following the GKGW principles (aka babywise). Lisa went to the conference with both of my sisters (Amy and Ashley). I didn't go because it didn't seem like fun to me. Unfortunately for Lisa and my sisters, they were the only attendees that didn't have their spouses with them (oops). Anyways, the point of the matter, while Lisa was at a conference learning how to better raise our child, I was watching him, and from the previous blogs (falling down the bleachers), this could be trouble.

Well Friday night was pretty uneventful, but Saturday morning was a different story. We went to the Kemah boardwalk to ride the rides and visit with my mom (Nanny Susie) and the cousins (Emmett, Howdy and Sissy). BC loved playing with them and riding the rides. He rode the carousel, hot air balloon Ferris wheel and the fighter planes. I rode with him on the rides and on the planes in particular, Emmett made an astute observation. He noticed that the plane I was riding didn't go half as high as the other planes (it was because it is made for kid's weights, not adult's) After the ride, he said to me "I'm a better driver then you because I could fly higher". It was slightly embarrassing that I was too heavy for the hydraulic powered ride, and that it was so obvious that Emmett noticed.

But that wasn't the eventful part. After eating lunch and heading back to the house, it was nap time. BC was too excited about playing with his cousins to take a nap. He just wouldn't go to sleep and kept throwing his pooh bear out of the Pack and Play. I decided to stay up there with him and take a nap. About an hour later I heard him crying again and it smelt like he needed a change. I figured he pooped and that woke him. Little could have prepared me for what I was about to see.

I found BC sitting intently naked in the middle of the pack in play with what looked like mud covering his hands and his face. His diaper and excrement had been tossed over the edge of the pack and play. He had gotten poo everywhere even on his pooh bear. I sat in amazement, dumbfounded on what to do. So I grabbed him under his armpits while controlling his arms and looked for help to clean him up.

Once he was all cleaned and the pack and play had been hosed down, I called Lisa to inform her about the day. She laughed at me and said "I guess we can't put him to bed in just his diaper anymore".

Luckily for me my nose worked and I didn't try to figure out what the substance was like in the movie Baby Mama. I only wish it had been chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment