Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend Update

Another weekend has gone by and of course it was slightly eventful.

First, we were "That Guy" this weekend and put up our Christmas lights. I use the term 'put up' loosely since we did not finish the job and power has not been routed to all the lights . . . yet. We still have some supplies to acquire and we need to buy some replacement bulbs since Lisa and I broke a few in the unpacking. Amazingly enough our packing wasn't as bad as I feared and most things were still in good working order. I also learned that my Vibram Five Finger shoes are excellent for climbing the roof.

Secondly, a mystery has been solved. Lisa had complained Saturday and Sunday that she was sore all over like she had been beat up. We racked out brains to try to recall if she had lifted anything heavy, if I had beaten her and forgotten, or if maybe she was sleep walking and injuring herself. Well she spent most of the weekend blaming me for being a mysterious wifebeater (the Stache might be influential in this train of thought), but on Sunday night I figured it out. On Friday night we played Wii Fit at a friends house and Lisa played it vigorously. I guess shadow boxing as hard as you possibly can without throwing the remotes at the TV is a little harder on the body than Lisa had suspected.

Third, the Caughran Family was shoe crazy on Saturday. Lisa the Boy and I went to Willowbrook and The Woodlands to do some Xmas shopping. In the end, we got 2 pairs of shoes for the boy, 1 for Lisa (with another pair planned but we didn't make it to the store) and 2 pairs for me. Using Aggie math, that is around 6 pairs of shoes. Seems pretty hypocritical of me to buy so many shoes since I have been spreading the word around about the benefits of going barefoot. Oh well.

Lastly, Greatest hunt ever! background: I was reading about how back in the day, Humans used to hunt gazelles and other deer-like animals with nothing other than their bare hands. They would slowly chase the animal until it collapsed from exhaustion. If you want to know more details on how it works let me know and I can fill you in but a quick synopsis is that Humans have a better heat transfer system that allows them to run longer than nearly all other animals. Back to the hunt. Well Last night I was finishing my run and heading back into our section when I saw a Buck run by. I decided that even though I didn't plan to go that direction that I would follow it. I slowly ran after it as it sped away. It turned down an opening in the street while just barely in sight. When I arrived at the turn I found it had trapped itself and was hitting its antlers on the metal fence frantically trying to get away from me. I had it cornered and was going to move in for the kill. But then it hit me. I don't have a hunting license and so I let it go. I will say that if I had my cell on me, I would have called Hank, and he would have been there to take it out. I don't think the HOA would have been happy, but Hank would have been.


The Buck looked something like this.

Coming Soon . . . Movember update and Barefoot running (is Colin Crazy?)

No comments:

Post a Comment