Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Update: How to waste another $20

Well a few weeks ago I wrote about how I wasted $20 at Spec's to get my car jumped. Well this past weekend we went to Spec's again to again get some Barbera wine. Since we enjoyed it last time, I decided we should get two bottles of Barbera from different wineries so that we wouldn't have to go to Spec's again for a long time (I don't like wasting money).

This time I went into the store with Lisa and BC so that I wouldn't have an opportunity to kill the car again. We got the wines, the car started and we made it home safely. Once I got home I was unloading the car and groceries. Being the typical male, I carried everything in with one trip.

In the process of unloading in the kitchen, the bag with the wines tipped over and I was able to catch it during the fall except I caught the bag and only one of the bottles with my hand. As I was saving the bottle, the bag was ripping and the other bottle continued to the tile floor shattering into a mess of glass and wine. Did I mention it was red wine? It was a huge mess. It took Lisa and I a good thirty minutes to clean up the wine and glass. We now have 5 fashionable wine stained dish rags.

It has been a few days, but I am still finding small shards of glass on the floor.

So to recap. We have made two trips to Spec's in the last year and in the process wasted $20 on each trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment