Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Movember = ewwww

At Macquarie, corporate is big on a fund-raising event known as Movember. For the whole month of November (Movember) men grow mustaches to raise money for the prostate cancer society and Lance Armstrong's Livestrong as well as raise men's health awareness. I decided to participate in Movember and began growing a mustache on 11/1.

Now there are some people that can grow a good mustache (men and women) and some people that don't have to worry about facial hair. I am in the latter group. I have very little ability to grow facial hair and in all honesty I should not be allowed to even attempt to.

Some quotes I have received:

"Ewwww you look like a pedophile"

"Nice, Child molester"

"Why does it only grow on one side?"

"Is that really 2 weeks of growth"

"That is just horrible. Do you go out in public looking like that?" Me: "Yeah and I try to tell people that it is for Movember" Person: "Yeah but you don't talk to everyone you see. I can't imagine what people must think when they see you. You really should shave that off"

One person after someone commented about how full their beard was "Yeah it separates the men from the boys" Me with my pathetic childmolestache: "thanks"

Multiple people: "I wouldn't be able to grow a mustache, it would probably look like yours." Me: "Yeah I am the only idiot that can't grow a mustache that is attempting to."

Well there you have it. Please click the link if you want to donate to the cause.

My Mo:

No comments:

Post a Comment